Hi there! I’m back today with a fun and tasty breakfast dish inspired by Cars Land at Disneyland. Am I the only one dying to go to Disneyland just so we can be in Radiator Springs?? We were absolutely in LOVE with the Cars section of Art of Animation, so I can only imagine how much we will enjoy ourselves once we venture cross country to the original mouse house. And thanks to CouponingToDisney.com, we are slowly growing that Disney Fund. 🙂
Like I said, we are a little obsessed with Cars in my house right now. I guess having a 2 (almost 3!) year old boy will do that. In all my research for said future Disneyland trip, I have come across a most intriguing dish: the Bacon Scramble Cone from Flo’s V8. I mean, seriously! It’s a good ole American breakfast in one handheld package — and in this house, handheld food is ALWAYS a winner! Remember those Elena’s Easy Empanadas? Yeah, they are now on the meal plan rotation at least once a week.
So, enjoy your Disney filled breakfast and don’t be stranger! If you are looking for more fun ideas to live on a little and enjoy a magical life, follow me on Pinterest!
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dough
- 4 cups scrambled eggs
- 4 pieces of cooked bacon
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take 12 in. x 12 in. squares of tin foil and form into a cone. Rounding up the bottom edge so that it stands up. Repeat to form 4 total.
- Roll out crescent dough and cut into long 1/2 in. wide strips.
- Take tin foil cone and beginning at the tip of the cone, begin to wrap a strip of crescent dough, making sure to overlap a little. Each cone should take about 2 strips of crescent dough. Repeat on the remaining 3 tin foil cones.
- Place the cones on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are a golden brown.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Once cool enough to touch, remove the tin foil by peeling the tin foil sides away from the cone and gently twisting the tin foil to loosen from the crescent dough.
- Place 1 piece of bacon inside the cone.
- Fill with scrambled eggs.
- Top with cheese sauce. (see recipe below)
- In a medium microwavable bowl, mix melted butter and milk.
- Whisk together well.
- Add the flour and whisk well.
- Lastly, add the shredded cheddar cheese and combine.
- Microwave on High for 1 1/2 minutes stopping to whisk halfway thru.
- *Note: some microwaves may require more or less time, so be vigilant!